Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Day Of Hard Work Pays Off

          The Anglican Retirement Kampong
          So yesterday o wait, its exactly midnight.. So 2 days ago I went to the A.R.K with a group of people to do some moral work for our Moral Project. We went there and we were assigned to our individual work. Some cleaned the window, some vacuum the ceiling, some swept the floor, some mop the floor, and some washed the mosquito nets. 
My job was to wash the mosquito nets which was the hardest task ever because it needs to be brushed off 3 times at least to clean the net which was very very very dirty because the pastor didn't had any time to clean it so it must have been ages. Well my job needed to use water constantly so I ended up with my skin wrinkling so much that it peeled off... Anyways then we also went to go and gave the elderly who couldn't move a spin around the place while they were sitting down on their wheelchair.
          We also took some photos because we needed proof of us doing the work. The pastor said I did the hardest job ever and go complimented me. Lol I felt very shy and ackward but overall happy. Then we all took this certificate for the pastor to sign based on what we did in the A.R.K. After a hard day of work we got a free admission pass to this concert/musical thing in Christ Church Likas ( my church ). 
I guess in the end, all it matters was not the proof of doing the work but its helping the community doing something willingly which gives you that good feeling for being helpful. This feeling doesn't come everyday. Instead it needs hard work. Well I'm out of words to blog. Hopefully I have encourage you to go help the community that we live with everyday. 
P.S : I saw a photo of this old lady who was directly infront of the KING of Malaysia. Isn't that awesome or what.

No comments:

Post a Comment