Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Making A Difference

Hello boys and girls. Today was our first meeting in S.M. All Saint's pondok. The meeting was about "Recess Revo". Now before I go on, you may wonder what is Recess Revo.

Recess Revolution is a movement/mobilization of young people who are maximizing "recess time" in schools to MAKE A STATEMENT of what they believe in, and to MAKE AN IMPACT by being a positive influence right where they are. It is a coming together of like-minded, like-spirited youths to do something together in their schools with a mission to make the difference and bring about positive change (i.e. revolution) ! It is not just about bringing people to Christ but even more so about bring Christ to people and into schools!

Now the first meeting was quite impressive seeing that more than 10people showed up even though about 30+ people heard of it but I believe that the first step is always the hardest but anyway 10+ people is indeed a great start. Some schools only started off with 3 people and slowly grew stronger. Even though it was a great start off but there is already a problem arising. I have a friend who thinks that we should do Recess Revo but he thinks that if we were to do something radical then we would be just like the Pharisees. Honestly I don't agree because we're showing our faith by doing what we believe in. So I've tried to do some research and hopefully ask someone experienced about this so that I can unite him with us so that together we can change S.M. All Saints. Other than that, it was great.

Another thing is, on Monday when school started I did something wonderful that God will definitely be pleased. You see, I have a friend who is a Hindu but he seems to be lost. As if he were in the borderline of the religion Islam and Christianity because he does ask a lot of questions about God and the Bible. So I bought him a BIBLE and gave it to him on the first day of school. He feels great because he said that I'm worry about his faith which true. He is a good friend of mine and I don't want him to be condemned when it's time. But no matter how hard I try, I must always remember that it is God's decision if he going to be saved or not. All I can do now for him is to pray and probably bring him to youth but that is another post itself. I hope this long post will touch your heart and inspire you to do the same for others. Till then,

Yours faithfully,
~!@#$%^&*()

No comments:

Post a Comment